A cutting-edge software development company. Our creative, smart and dedicated teams pool their knowledge and experience to find the best solutions to meet project needs, while maintaining sustainable and long-lasting results. How do we achieve this? By making sure that our teams thrive and develop professionally. Strong advocates of hiring top talent and letting them do what they do best, we strive to create a workplace that allows for an open, collaborative and respectful culture.
What you´ll be doing...
Working in the infrastructure support team to build, administer and maintain 24x7 production environment and non-production environments, and supporting infrastructure. You will be a point of contact for technical issues on infrastructure components, while supporting the day-to-day maintenance tasks in a manner that is compliant with established policies.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Knowledge and skills you need to have:
- Installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Managing and monitoring system resources, usage, system logs, and active jobs
- Supporting and maintaining hardware, software, servers, and systems in Linux and Windows environments
- Maintaining and operating disaster recovery systems, regular backup jobs, and perform periodic testing
- Providing day-to-day 24x7 support across IT as a Tier 2 support for IT System Administration
- Practicing sustainable incident response, facilitating incident resolution, and performing blameless postmortems
Bonus points for the following:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field with 5 years of relevant experience; or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field. However, an equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration
- implementing and maintaining operating system technologies that include Windows OS and Linux OS
- implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting web and application servers
- in Microsoft Active Directory Services, Clustering Services, and File Services
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization technologies: Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare
- Knowledge of networking concepts: switched, routers, VLANs, firewalls, load-balancers
- Knowledge of remote access technologies: Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Microsoft Remote Desktop, VDI infrastructures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution, problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible to work with departments in different time-zones
- Experience working remotely
- ITIL Certifications
- Experience in large server infrastructure and distributed environments
Why work at FoshTech?
At FoshTech we offer everyone the chance to be the best version of themselves, develop professionally, and create strong working relationships. As well as offering a competitive salary, we also invest in our people's professional development and we want to see you grow and love what you do. We are dedicated to listening to our team's needs and we are constantly working on creating an environment in which you can feel at home. If this sounds like the place for you, contact us now!
FoshTech is a software development company that provides cutting edge engineering solutions. We build innovative and custom web and e-commerce products.
We are a diverse team of professional developers, designers, testers, architects and product managers who produce and maintain custom software that is built for business and built to last.