We are a cutting-edge e-commerce company. Our creative, smart and dedicated teams pool their knowledge and experience to find the best solutions to meet project needs, while maintaining sustainable and long-lasting results. How do we achieve this? By making sure that our teams thrive and develop professionally. Strong advocates of hiring top talent and letting them do what they do best, we strive to create a workplace that allows for an open, collaborative and respectful culture.
What you will be doing
You will be involved in designing, installing, and monitoring connectivity and performance of servers infrastructure resources, to ensure the reliable and stable operation of the solutions provided to our customers. This involves front and backend solutions, and corporate and client-facing solutions. Your role will also include planning, organizing, and managing IT infrastructure to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s IT landscape. Provisioning, developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly server infrastructure and landscape based on Linux and virtualization, for web applications, integrations, and deployments, will also fall under your scope.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
Knowledge and skills you need to have:
- Maintaining Linux infrastructure for non-production and production environments
- Operating system upgrades, patching, and package installations
- Troubleshooting complex issues and providing root cause analysis
- Practicing sustainable incident response, facilitating incident resolution, and performing blameless postmortems
- Creating and keeping up-to-date required documentation related to all systems/solutions in their area of responsibility
- Interacting with other engineering teams to help them improve the availability, reliability, and resilience of our infrastructure and systems
- Working closely with security teams to prevent security breaches
- Focusing on build automation using Python/Terraform/Ansible
- Driving innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field with 5 years of relevant experience; or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field. (An equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration)
- Strong Linux Systems Administration background (Red Hat/Ubuntu/Centos)
- Strong scripting skills
- A good understanding of TCP/IP (routing, subnets, ports, etc.)
- A good understanding of HTTP layer infrastructure including load balancers, HTTP servers, and proxies
Bonus points for:
- Large server infrastructure, Hyper-converged infrastructure, and SAN Storage, with virtualization and distributed environments.
- Linux containers and container orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.
- Automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or similar technologies.
- Monitoring tools and APM such as New Relic, Zabbix, Nagios, or similar monitoring tools
- Log Management tools like Graylog, ELK, or similar technologies
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile, DevOps methodology
- Open Source Databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc. its implementation, debugging, and administration.
- Centralized access management with technologies such as AD, FreeIPA, LDAP.
- Secure and hardening on platforms on GNU/Linux-based technologies.
- Implementation and maintenance of open-source mail solutions, such as Postfix, Zimbra, Dovecot, Mailcow.
- Cryptography management (RSA, SSL / TLS, PGP
Why work at FoshTech?
At FoshTech we offer everyone the chance to be the best version of themselves, develop professionally, and create strong working relationships. While offering a competitive salary, we also invest in our people's professional development and want to see you grow and love what you do. We are dedicated to listening to our team's needs and we are constantly working on creating an environment in which you can feel at home... If this sounds like the place for you, contact us now!
FoshTech is a software development company that provides cutting edge engineering solutions. We build innovative and custom web and e-commerce products.
We are a diverse team of professional developers, designers, testers, architects and product managers who produce and maintain custom software that is built for business and built to last.